Originally Posted By: props2
Thank you both,for your answers.My original question was,well...not well thought out. So maybe I should reword this.

Is the passive pickups on my bass a hi-Z input? Yes
Is the active pickups(9v battery powered)also hi-Z? No. Active pickups typically are line level.

Do I need to be careful what I buy or do all the new interfaces cover the gamet of inputs.
BTW,I will not be using a mic for anything...I would scare myself! Loaded question. Most interfaces have at least two inputs and can have as many as 48 or more. Some interfaces have just line inputs, some just microphone inputs and some a mixture of both. Some line level inputs have a control to switch between line level and high-z (high impedance) inputs.

Can I assume the interface also drives the signal for a pair of self powered monitoring speakers? I was thinking something like JBL 6"or 8" for the desk.Audio interfaces typically do not power speakers. Desktop speakers can be unpowered or self powered. The self powered speakers have a built-in amplifier. None of the Focusrite interfaces can power speakers.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home