Touch sense is NOT Aftertouch. Two entirely different parameters.

Changing Velocity after the fact isn't the best way to do this either. Blast, blast, blast -- and the player has no sense of dynamics while recording the track. Putting the artist "in the dark" is never a good thing to do.

The Ketron SD2 organ patches do not respond to the Touch data sent by any keyboard. Good thing.

As an old and *real* hammond organist, I need more than just the lack of the touch sensitivity to play a MIDI organ keyboard *corrctly* -- I also must have an Expression Pedal, connected to the MIDI keyboard and set to send CC11 Expression values. But it takes time which may be measurable in years to be able to use the foot properly for dynamics in organ playing. Pumping the pedal in time to the music is the sure sign of a noob.

The MIDI Touch parameter is a CURVE. Most prosumer level and above MIDI controller keyboards offer a selection of different touch curves for the user to pick from and for patches that need touch sensitivity, such as pianos, finding the right Touch Curve for the player's style is essential to getting the most realistic sound. For example, the best of MIDi piano samples can "machine gun" if the touch is set too light for the player. Not realistic and not good.

Many consumer MIDI keyboards do not have the ability to turn off the touch sensitivity on the organ patches. This may be a good thing, however, as one can emulate the Expression Pedal with touch when they don't have the pedal or are not adept at the proper use of the Expression Pedal in organ playing. As with anyhing else, this is accomplished by changing your playing style to suit the occasion. With those kind of conusmer grade keyboards, I find that I like leaving the Touch Sense ON when playing organ patches for that reason.

--Mac