Keith,

Visit Toshiba's website and go to the page that has software and drivers for your laptop. Download and install any updates that have been posted since the last time you visited the site.

Visit Intel's website +++ HERE +++. Download and run the Intel chipset scanner. The utility program identifies what Intel chips are used inside the laptop, examines the chipset drivers in Windows and suggests updates if they are needed.

While looking over the information I did not see how much memory your laptop has. Your laptop can use 4 GB of memory. +++ Crucial.com +++ has a utility program that scans your computer and suggests memory that works in your computer. If your laptop has only 1 or 2 GB of memory upgrading to the full 4 GB is inexpensive and pretty easy to do. If you're not comfortable swapping memory any computer shop can do it and may not charge you if you buy the memory from them.

If you have not run the hard drive defrag program in a a long time you may need to let the program run overnight. It can take a day or longer for the program to complete.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home