Originally Posted By: lambada
Fabulous the way the melody has propelled the lyrics into such a beautiful song. The harmonies are simply astounding. Actually, the whole song is beautiful. Great production too.

Thank you for your very kind comments.
Re: harmonies, Joanne has a very informative article on how she goes about recording them on her website:

https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/5-steps-to-recording-harmonies-using-band-in-a-box-and-real-band

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
A song in the best of the story folk tradition told with an excellent lyric/melody, and vocal.

And added to that is an arrangement and RT choice that is enough to carry the song (and needing nothing more).

The lyric is a story of wonder. One of the most poetic and literate sea stories we’ve read or heard.

Parenthetically, I’ve enjoyed the “sea shanties” posted here over the years. I realize that this is not at all of that genre; however, the scope of the genre has widened over the years to include really interesting material. Pardon, the song couldn’t help but send the old guy on a digression smile

Well done you collaborators!

J&B

J&B,
Thank you!
I`ll have to search through the back catalogue for those sea shanties - the acapella ones are often really powerful.
I`m happy you enjoyed the story here, sketch as it is.
Funny you should say " needing nothing more" on the track choices - I spent several days trying to integrate some uillean pipe loops into the song, being very partial to the celtic sound. Having a second opinion is a good way to get some distance on things you feel stuck on with these collaborations!

Robert