I prefer using the staff view to analyze and adjust playback in BiaB. What I've been playing around with lately is the Melodist to generate melodies to some of the chord progressions I've written, and occasionally there is some pretty good stuff that it generates. As an example, I have loaded a George Benson style and in this style the melody is closer to being a chord solo. But when I click on the Note symbol to pull up a notation screen, only the melody line is displayed -- none of the other chord elements. I've looked around in the menu selections but I can't find anything to modify this.

So what I did was export this tune with the generated melody to MIDI, and when I did this, it exported the melody as chord solo. So at least I have access now to all the notes that were generated. I can then import the MIDI file into Cakewalk Sonar or Presonus Notion, where I can adjust things. But this is an additional step I'd just as soon avoid if at all possible. It is also not without its own set of problems. For instance, for some reason the drum track (Channel 10) isn't picked up at all in Notion, which of the two software packages, is the one I prefer for editing musical notation. And yes, I have gone into the MIDI setup in Notion to make sure that Channel 10 is configured for drums. There's probably something I've overlooked, but I haven't found the secret yet.

I have some old BiaB tunes I've picked up here and there over the years, and many of them display the full musical output when I click on the Note symbol. I think most of these files were imported into BiaB as MIDO 0 files because when I click on the Note symbol, it displays everything, which can get confusing real fast. But anyway, I know it is at least possible to display more than a single line of melody.

So, is this possible in BiaB and, if so, what have I overlooked?

Last edited by cooltouch; 09/08/17 08:13 AM.