VideoTrack is correct that the best, most efficient way is to use RB. If for some reason that's not an available solution, there is a work around you can try.

Reading your question though, if regeneration of a single track is sluggish and time consuming, the work around is likely not going to work for you. It will take more time and effort than regenerating a track.

It's rather involved so just let me know if it's something you're interest in pursuing and I'll post the steps.

Some options to consider:

1. Regenerate the whole song a half step higher key.

2. If it's the only the single chord of the bass, you can mute or put a rest in that particular measure for the bass forcing the bass to do something other than play that offending chord. It may be possible to have the whole measure do a shot, rest or hold. Again, that will force the offending instrument to choose a different portion of the RT audio that may work.

3. If you have a track available, create and use a midi bass to play that measure and mute the RT bass for that measure and have the midi bass play that measure.

4. You can also use another Bass RT that performs that note correctly. Even if all tracks are in use, you can have more than one RT play on a single track. Using F5, near the top of the screen and just to the right of the tempo boxes is a RealTrack Button. You can audition basses and select a similar sounding bass to play the offending measure and then use F5 and the RT button to revert back to the original bass in the next measure. The original bass line will play to that measure, at that measure, the new bass will play and the original bass will return on the next measure.

5. You can choose a different bass for the entire track.

I hope one of these suggestions help you fix your issue.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.