Hi Bob!
I just listened to Not every day was sad. Actually I listened to it twice. I read your post on songwriting using BIAB and picked up some good tips. I totally agree with everything you said about using band in a box. I used the earlier versions for years as a tool for laying out my song and to have something to take into the studio for the band to go by. But in the last few years I realized that this was something that had gone way beyond that. I've spent many thousands of dollars to studios. I mostly got a good product, but I paid through the nose for it, and in the end, sometimes, what I got wasn't what I had heard in my head. Putting your tune into someone else's hands didn't always turn out like you wanted it to. The tools are there now to do it myself in the way I choose, and for that I am grateful. You asked a question about my comment on your song. My wife and I have been together for fifty years now. We've been up and we've been down, from living in the car broke to having a nice home paid for, but we've also had to walk away from one or two. I have to say, I don't regret any of it, because in the end we are where we are right now. Those that said we'd never make it are gone now, or at least forgotten. I try not to look back on past mistakes, though Lord knows I've made a ton of them, but we are happy and still kicking. There are a lot of people that can't say that. Having said that, I totally enjoyed you tutorial and will be watching for more. GP