I'd really like to have one of those Roli keyboards but I fully expect some practical use limitations for ME.

Having learned how precise and clean your fingering and picking has to be for MIDI guitar to avoid false triggers, etc. (every time I pick up a MIDI guitar I have to first stop, think, and really pay attention to my playing and I've been using a MIDI guitar since 1990) I KNOW I would have issues with the Roli becasue I suspect its triggering would be my downfall.

I'm not a very good keyboard player in the first place (all my keyboards are used for the internal sounds and as another way to input/record MIDI notes/chords in addition to MIDI guitar). When my hands go into the "horizontal" the left hand becomes a lump of ham, and my right is also heavy handed - I tend to rest unused fingers on unused keys, I suspect that would be a real problem on the Roli and now it's a habit that would take too much effort for me to re-train/re-learn what little keyboard playing I can do.

and it appears that if the "key (call that the X-axis) is a note then the "Y-axis" (front to back on key) is like a sting bend but MORE than that it can add other effects, more vibrato, more pitch change, more sound layering, more/less bow attack, etc. so you have to really learn WHERE to place finger in key as well has how much velocity (finally I get to the Z-axis) to apply. Otherwise too many false notes, wrong sound, wrong FX, etc.

For me, me alone, it would be a waste of money - but it would be fun to play with (maybe after I get a Kemper head and rack unit)

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20