Noel,

I just happened to clicked onto the site right after you posted. o was over on You Tube listening to Westlife and decided to drop in on the Users Showcase to see if there was anything new ... and there you were!

And yes, I was in Taipei in 1967. I spent a couple of months in Tokyo, Yokohama and Okinawa a little bit later. I lived in Europe almost 12 years. The countries are relatively small and close together, so visiting several of them a couple times yearly is no big thing. Of all the places I've been, the most interesting is Iceland. They are very independent, extremely protective of their tongue-twisting language and eat some of the worst-tasting food in the world! But, contrary to the typical perception, it is a beautiful country with a wide variety vegetation and beautiful flowers. I also enjoyed Morocco a lot. I speak several languages (learning a new one - American Southern!), but no Japanese, Chinese, icelandic or whichever dialect of Arabic they speak in Morocco - but I survived quite well. I have a strong sense of cultural adventure and I'm not easily deterred.

Same with music creation - blending unlikely genres, ignoring some of the rules and let my fingers and brain lead the way. I found the music in the various locations interesting, too. I've written a number of original songs with Asian and African influence.

Okay, I;ve bent your ear long enough. COuld go on forever - love to discuss various cultures and experiences in them! Have a great Sunday.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 09/29/17 10:11 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops