Originally Posted By: jford
So, what do you think about IK Syntronic? I keep getting emails to buy it, but dang, I've got almost everything else IK has put out.

Thanks for asking. The contest permitted us to use only the "free" version which gives full functionality but only a limited number of sounds. Understand I am not a keyboardist and therefore I did not grow up living and loving the history of the Synthesizer. So while the workflow for the software was adequate as a plugin to Reaper, I found the sounds far from inspirational.

I had a lot of fun working with the software mostly as it was a great learning experience to work elusively in midi with my keyboard. The prizes are a couple full versions of the software with grand prize a keyboard controller with software.

If I win it will be my lucky day and it will mean very very few others entered the contest. But I had fun.

Give the free version a try - easy download if you have an IK account. You may hear some of those old sounds that you fell in love with.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper