Alastair

Been reading this and I mostly and very honestly agree with you. Yes, there are some (very little) good "modern" songs & artists but, on the whole I concur that the last handful of decades of music, is simply crap.

This goes well beyond the expected, then dismissed as, "generational difference of opinion."

Now I to go really dark:

There is, and has been since the ~20's, a non-linear corrosive and erosive growth in "relativism" across all Western thought, discourse, and "self actualization" areas. Including areas that one would think should always be immune to relativism such as: objective truth and objective science.

While the match touched the kindling in the 20's, it is WE Western "baby boomers" that have been the main source of fuel for this destructive fire - and we handed more fuel and matches to our children and their children and told them all fire is good! The Phoenix that finally arises from the ashes of a destroyed Western Civilization will not be good for human kind, at least on this planet. And I'm being UP BEAT!

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 10/15/17 05:26 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20