Since I use Outlook 2010 (on both MS exchange and POP3 servers) at home and we use Outlook (various versions and mainly on MS exchange server but Office 365 "web" crap - it depends on which internal accounts I/we are using and for which topics and customers - that excludes our air gapped network(s) obviously).

I can and DO get pics this way and I CAN right click and "copy & paste" to other apps (Word, pic editor, etc.)

This is going to be a setting in Outlook under (which version by the way?) Options (trust center, then sub-menus like security settings), and other settings of Outlook as well as your user privileges (administrator account/privileges or are you set at the lowest fire-walled off child-proofed user that has UAC set to allow nothing but watching a screen saver- LOL)

Sorry Bob best I have - I suspect you have googled this, e.g.,

https://www.google.com/search?q=show+picture+placeholders+in+outlook&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

and similar?

Hard to narrow down beyond that.

Good Luck
Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20