Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Nick
Firstly, Welcome.

And thanks VideoTrack for the prompt and helpful reply.
1:
Which BiaB Package did you purchase? That might limit what Styles you have available.

I've bought (downloaded) the basic BIAB Pro version for starters to find out what it's all about ... and it's the Mac version, which makes some of the shortcuts etc a bit different.

Roll Over Beethoven comes up with 3 suggestions for me, as seen in the first image below.

Ha! Roll over Chuck Berry - Hip Hop?

2:
Shortcut function key <Shift><F3> launches the Song Picker for songs you have recently opened.

Function key <F3> opens the directory for you to load songs from.

They work fine thanks - not obvious though, is it? There's a huge amount of stuff I now discover but not that easy to navigate.

3:
From the Help: "The SoundTrack feature allows you to generate music in the style you choose for any length of time you specify. As the "producer," you select the genre, length of time, instruments, and fade-in/fade-out options."

"To use the SoundTrack feature, choose the Melody | Generate SoundTrack menu item. You will then see the Generate SoundTrack window."

When I search for SoundTrack in Help, nothing comes up... I DID eventually find the feature where you suggested, but it's actually called "Generate Chords & Melody" which is why I didn't spot it. Again, it looks all very complicated so I'm going to leave that for now.

I do appreciate your advice and I think I might become a regular here for a while ... just don't want to have to spend too long learning the ins-and-outs of the software - time that should be spent actually making music!

Best regards,
Nick

PS I'm not sure I've done this quoting business in the best possible way either?

BiaB Pro for Mac download only - no other add -ons or gizmos... Yet.

Singer / guitarist / mandolin / piano .... making music in the North of England.