< I could buy karaoke tracks, but they aren't the same. I bought a couple for 'throw away' songs like that obscure first dance at a wedding cut that nobody else ever wants to hear, and (1) they aren't necessarily in our key (2) they are mixed for recording, not for live performance (3) somebody else is doing the solo in the middle and I admit, I'm a solo hog (4) they are often too short for live play (5) sometimes the intro is too long and the dancers stand there and wonder if they want to dance to it or not (6) fade out endings. >

Great explanation of the general deficiencies of Karaoke. Regarding point #2, I have seen you explain the eq'd differences between the live output and the recorded output but its slipped my mind. Live karaoke entertainment is very popular and one would think clients could opt for a choice between a live mix or a recording cover.

I come across artists all the time that use a Karaoke backing track and it's always obvious that Karaoke tracks are in use. (1) Most of the time it's because the recording is mixed by the artist on generic consumer grade hardware equipment that provides little provision for tweaking and balancing the music and vocals. (2) Even the best Karaoke tracks manage to have a universal vibe of mediocrity about them from a performance perspective.

Would you mind refreshing your explanation regarding the mixing output differences?

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 10/18/17 03:49 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.