Originally Posted By: Notes Norton

I could buy karaoke tracks, but they
(1) they aren't necessarily in our key
(3) You want to solo
(4) they are often too short for live play
(5) sometimes the intro is too long and the dancers stand there and wonder if they want to dance to it or not
(6) fade out endings.

1. Use Real Band to move them.
4. Be a producer! Cut and paste a little bit to add more versus. Which leads to
3. After you have cut and pasted those extra verses, there's your solo space.
5. Once again, edit it.
6. This can be tough but I have done it by just adding a solid chord with a hold that I then apply a fast fade to.

Last year, the band (of which I am no longer a member) wanted to do The Who's Won't Get Fooled Again as the opening song. However, they wanted all the redundant guitar solos in the middle removed, as they were really just rhythm guitar (as Townshend is wont to do). That required 32 bars to be cut. I used a tempo reader to determine the tempo, set the RB tempo to the correct number, imported the file, and found that section. The downbeats lined up ALMOST perfectly, and it took 3 tries to get it perfect, but I snipped those measures out with a "cut - close gap") process, and voila. I also did a version where I connected it to the intro to Pinball Wizard, which I though would be a great move, but the powers that be dismissed that idea.

I do that kind of editing a lot. I like The Beach Boys "Darlin" a lot, but it's only 2:14 long. Simple matter. After the bridge, I looped it back to the first verse with a copy and paste and made it 3:25. That's the kind of stuff I find fun to do with Real Band. I once wanted to chain 2 songs together but they were a step different. One in D, one in E. I just used the pitch transposer and moved one up a half step and the other down. Voila again. Both now in Eb.

So you can get around almost all of the objections to karaoke tracks. In YOUR case though, you are so good at using this software, I'm pretty sure your home made tracks sound better than online karaoke tracks, many of which just use a vocal eliminator tool anyway.

Last edited by eddie1261; 10/18/17 08:15 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.