Thanks so much for sharing such details Floyd! And lemme just say that is a killer chorus, especially that second section,

a runaway train can jump the track
so don't lay a bet that you can't back
careful, lesser men have cracked from
a little bit of this

So sweet!

You make such great points about the need to "hear" and take apart the modern pop song before being able to write one and needing to write one before being able to create it in BIAB. I guess you are kinda confirming what I suspected that is that BIAB is not going to accept a few chords and then spit out a fairly complete sounding modern pop song the way it will definitely do classic bluegrass or classic country.

I have been able to create fairly complete sounding songs in genres I know little about using BIAB and common chord progressions for those genres. But I have not been able to get anywhere close to songs like Chandelier or I Bet My Life or Royals. Maybe that is because those songs are more distinctive and unique and many of the classic genres not so much?

Thanks again for your advice and I hope you are having success with your great songs! I will keep plugging away at it!