Thank you everyone for your help. I did try most of the suggestions but unfortunately had no success until the last couple of posts.

First, working on Kents last but one post, I did reinstall Band-in-a-Box but was not able to do that without the Real Tracks because that option does not exist on my Audiophile version on an external drive. There are four options and I used the first one, which is just to install everything on the D drive. I also updated to the latest build just to make sure everything would be correct. I am not sure if that step was necessary. However, the Melody trombone still was not playing and I got exactly the same error messages. However, it is possible the reinstallaton was of some help in the final solution.

Then I searched on my D drive for that "MaxPluginsToScan.txt". I could not find it by inspecting every file, so I did a search on the D Drive and a file with that name was highlighted apparently in D/bb. So I deleted it from the Search page without having to locate it exactly.

I seems like that was the main problem because the Melody Track and any other midi tracks, such as the Soloist, are now sounding without having to do anything else. They started playing as soon as I called up the first Song file. So, a special thank you to John.

I hope that is the final solution because I did notice that a lot of my program files do not seem to be in the same place as they were before I had to replace my computer hard drive. I do not think the computer manufacturer has been keeping the drive in sync with Windows10 and the computer shop did some strange things to my setup. And maybe I did not reinstall some of the other programs correctly. I get lots of error messages these days. frown

However, If Band-in-a-Box goes on operating the way it is now, I will be very happy!

So Guys, thanks once again!

Grah Jive Talk
"Don't worry baby, they'll swing their arses off."