That video just went into more detail as to WHY Rick ranted in first place and he essentially concurs: he has same frustration.

What are you mixed feelings relative too? They shouldn't be allowed "fair use" (non-abusive fair use)? or they aren't as good as a live teacher (BTW I concur that they are no substitute for a real live teacher but for someone like me it is still useful)? or ...?

I'm relatively new to jazz, and really a new born where gypsy jazz is concerned, at least with respect to actually playing it (guitar) and devoting time to critically & analytically listening to it.

None of my old co-workers or friends (except here - wink ) are musicians and I don't gig or go to any place that has live music, not much jazz of any kind in New Mexico anyway. So my resources are books, software tools like the PG learning/teaching video products (I have ALL of them), and now these YouTube's (Rick, Aimee Nolte, and the like, and especially a score of gypsy jazz and jazz guitar players/teachers), to re-learn music from the ground up and gain any insight and playing techniques they impart or that I can glean.

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20