Quite by accident, I solved my problem. In case anybody is interested, here are the details.

Sometime this year, I began using using the Natural Arrangements option, which adds more info to the yellow alerts that are displayed as a song loads before it plays. It seemed to add a few seconds to the loading time, but I was trying to live with that.

However, I recently discovered that some objectionable chord voicings were happening because of Natural Arrangements. I program songs with very specific chords and Natural Arrangements was changing some of them.

So, because of the undesirable chord changes and increased loading time, I turned off Natural Arrangements, and the yellow alert issue seems to have corrected itself. NOTE: this was done and the problem was fixed for a few days BEFORE installing the new build that was just released, so that isn't what fixed it.

Jim
Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.

BIAB 2018 build 519; Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i3-2350m running at 2.29 GHz, Memory: 6 GB DDR3, SDRAM 1MHz