Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
Wow. I can use this in an upcoming project.

I do have a question: Is the Mac version going to be affected by the 32/64 bit issue that is brewing? In other words, when the next 64 bit only OS rolls out, will these still work?

Right now, it looks like BIAB 2017 will not as it’s still 32 bit (there’s no point to a 2018 version that isn’t 64 bit but we don’t know when that’s coming).

If no one knows the answer, I might buy just one disk and wait till next year to see what happens. If, however, it’s not going to be an issue, I know what my family members need to get me for Christmas.

PG Music has always been very good about backwards compatibility. The song files I wrote on pre-Windows 8bit MS-DOS PCs, Motorola CPU Macs, and even Atari/1040ST computers still work today.

Unless PG Music changes the file format (and I doubt that the will) these files should work on all future versions of BiaB.

If they don't, I'll be working to update them as fast as I can and offer replacements.

Happy Christmas!

Notes

Last edited by Notes Norton; 10/30/17 02:20 AM.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks