RE: John-Luke 'Cumulative' F5 wish:
"Presently, after a track Mute via F5 key, we can't enable both 'Back to Normal' and 'Change by'.
For example, after a Piano track Mute for 8 bars, we enable the piano again but we want - at the same time - to change the volume by -15, because the melody instrument plays very softly along with the piano.

So, it would be fine that, after a Mute, 'Change by' should mean 'Back to Normal' AND 'Change by'.
OR
Add a command 'Back to normal and Change by'."

I posted John-Luke's remarks here to not interfere with his 'Wishlist' request. His request to modernize the tasks available with the F5 command is no different than wishing to have 8 tracks to record with at a time when only 4 tracks were available and I fully support his Wishlist request.

But I believe that using the above outlined process in this post, you can accomplish enabling 'Back to Normal' and 'Change by' after a track mute and no longer have your compositions lack sophisticated and advanced techniques waiting on an update.

Duplicate a track to multiple audio tracks and process each 'task' on a separate track, mix and render the to audio, import the audio mix to the Audio Track and then move the audio to replace the original RealTrack audio with a Performance Track.

Back in the days of analog audio recorders with limited tracks of 4,8,12,24; this was a very common practice called bouncing tracks. A bounce creates a submix and frees up tracks for additional overdubs.

This is not a work around to me but rather the method to accomplish, within the existing technology, a way to increase the track count beyond the 8 tracks of Biab. I consider Biab to be an 8 track digital recorder the same as a Tascam DP-008 is. 8 physical tracks but with the built in bounce capability allowing a method to overcome that physical limitation. One can easily use this method to create songs solely within Biab of 16 or more tracks with no loss of audio quality.

Which is the same method used years ago when 4 tracks were all that was available for the Beatles to record with... But the Beatles also utilized new technology when it came along. So still supporting your update F5 functions in the Wishlist Forum.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 10/30/17 03:02 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.