I suggest that exporting tracks to a DAW is the work around rather than the method I outlined above.

I interpret PGMusic's inclusion of a Biab feature to easily export tracks to a DAW so that audio and midi can be manipulated in ways Biab is neither designed or intended to work is further evidence of such.

So, I considered joden's original question to ponder if what he needed a specific RealTrack to do could be accomplished from within the Biab program. He seems to confirm this was indeed his question in his response to Guitarhacker when he states, "IE trying to do it all within BIAB."

Performance Tracks and Audio Tracks are both included features of the Biab program. They allow audio to easily be moved around between tracks of the Biab mixer, audio can be imported and exported and Biab program includes effects, panning, and volume changes for these audio tracks. That's not a work around. Biab programmers recognize Biab is not a DAW and subsequently provided other features to allow users easy access to transfer audio and midi back and forth between Biab and a DAW but still included features to allow users to do it all with "Band in a Box" and no outside resources necessary.

My response was to confirm to joden and others that Biab has features included within the program that provides the means to accomplish his task. John-Luke's desired task likewise can utilize these features and methods to accomplish the tasks he listed in another thread. I concluded from their questions they were not aware how Biab allowed these type tasks to be done within the Biab program. Just making everyone aware, it's there if you want to use it.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.