Well, I've played with the program Pipeline suggested and it works great. I can create screen grab gif files. I haven't been able to get them to all show up in a post... Only one screenshot will post and the others show as downloadable links. Not been able to create a workable workflow post yet.

I'll attempt to explain the workflow better.

1. create a song using the first 7 tracks, a style, any RT or midi changes, mix, pan, set volumes and plug ins, etc.

2. Render your mix to audio and note where it saves to.

3. Import the rendered track. It imports to the Audio Track. The default import settings should be correct to import the audio so it syncs with the song.

3. Move the Audio Track to a Performance Track. <Audio/Move Audio to Performance Track>
You can choose any track. I usually start at the top with the Bass Track, but any track will do except Drums.

4. At this point I normally mute the Drums track and set the Drums Track volume to 0.
The Performance Track does not regenerate so I am free to change Style, Realtracks, midi tracks, the chord chart and other parameters without effecting the Performance Track. So here I will use the remaining six tracks (you can use the Audio Track or Drums Track if needed) and repeat step two. You do not have to mute the Performance Track, but if you don't it is included with the mix you are making at this point. So if this is a far as you need to bounce tracks, include the PT and Render your final mix. If you want to continue to add tracks and instruments, you need to mute the PT.

5. Mix and Render the additional change mix you've created.

5. Import this mix and move it to another Performance Track. You now have two Performance tracks and seven available tracks (less Drums Track but including the Audio Track if you are recording or importing Audio) My Mixer normally shows PT tracks on the Bass and Piano track.

6. If you fill all seven tracks with Performance Track mixes. You can Render this mix to Audio, import it and have 7 tracks to replace existing performance tracks with new RealTracks, Midi or Super Midi and even live or imported audio -

Once you have rendered a mix to audio and then import the audio back into BIAB Audio Track, all of the other mixer tracks are available to have the existing instrument replaced with a new instrument or instruments. Each track can have up to 10 instrument changes so this process allows a mix to contain hundreds of instrument changes, crossfades between instruments on dozens of tracks.

The BIAB Mixer works like the old style 8 track recorders and the bounce technique is old school recording with the benefit of being digital and having digital storage, you have unlimited instruments and track saving capabilities.

While my example takes bouncing to the extreme, that's just for demonstration. You may never want to put 10 instruments on a track but if you put two on a track and then create a 2nd track with the same instruments swapping places, a fiddle and guitar on track one, then, the same instruments place on the 2nd track guitar and fiddle, using panning, volume changes and F5 muting - you can create very interesting and realistic crossfades between the two.

This doesn't replace a DAW but I hope to show that BIAB is much more versitile and a creative tool than some my have been aware of.

I hope this explanation is clearer as a workflow process.

I have included a gif to show how I move my imported audio to a Performance Track. Thanks to Pipeline for the software suggestion.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Three.gif (736.66 KB, 129 downloads)
Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 11/06/17 02:35 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.