Chris....

Start by removing the reverb and processing. That really muddies the mix with strings. A little goes a very long way. Leave it dry for now.

Bring the strings down to zero and work on the piano. You want that "up front" so get it sounding like you want. KEEP IT DRY TOO. Use EQ to get it sounding like you want.

Once you have that piano right, add the strings. Bring them up slowly until they reach the point where they are still in the background. Consider having the piano set in the middle of the mix if it's the main instrument and then use TWO string tracks that differ from each other in some way.... maybe cello on one track, violins on the other track. Pan those right and left far enough and by equal amounts, that you hear they are not in the center with the piano. This gives you separation of the instruments and widens the sonic stage. If they are midi.... it's OK to clone the string pad source track and make 2 tracks out of one. Just assign a different sound sample to each and you have it ready to go for 2 tracks. You can even keep the pad but be careful you don't have it muddying up the mix. If you keep it... center and low. Have the other 2 tracks at 50% L&R or whatever works best.

Your mix should still be totally dry. Once you get the mix set properly as a dry mix.... now, you can add some reverb. Be gentle and add only what it really needs. I'd suggest a light overall master reverb. Maybe a dark plate. If you think it needs more.... use a different reverb type on the strings and on the piano. remember that reverb is cumulative. so the more you add in the tracks, the more verb you're going to end up with in the final mix. In fact, adding reverb to the main piano may be enough because the ear will automatically think it's on the strings too.

I've had people ask me what reverb was on a particular track and when I look to see, it's a dry track overshadowed by the verb on a different track. The ear plays those tricks so you can use that to your advantage too.

Hope this is useful information.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.