Hi Chris.

First you are not stupid! Virtually everyone starts the same way and that is learning by doing, studying, and asking questions. The only stupid question is one that is not asked.

There are a few ways to accomplish your issue. First I will assume that you are staying in BiaB and working in MIDI. Pan the strings a little to your left and the piano a little to the right. Add more reverb to the strings then the piano. The problem with this, IMHO, is both patches are running through the same Edirol program.

So, again IMHO, I would bounce both tracks to wavs and load them in a DAW. Now you will have two totally individual tracks that you can add various effects. This works perfectly in any DAW, including RealBand. There are a number of effects, both for purchase and for free, that you can use. In fact you can use different effects for each track, such as adding a touch of delay to the strings, or adding different EQs for both tracks.

Also if you open the BiaB file in RealBand or transfer the MIDI tracks to another DAW you can try different strings and pianos. Again there are many free and to purchase sounds out there. In your case I would go with the free ones first then after you learn more you can purchase others.

The transfer of wavs or MIDI tracks to my DAW is my workflow. Others here have other workflows as there are many ways to use BiaB and DAWs.

I hope this helps and good luck.

{edit} - Ps- Herb just reminded me to add that if you transfer the tracks to a DAW, either MIDI or wav, do so dry, i.e. no effects. Add all effects in the DAW.

Last edited by MarioD; 11/08/17 05:24 AM.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware