OK guys and gals, I know this is a very unique post, and I thank you in advance for your patience and possible input/contribution to this project.
I chanced upon this post on the r/musicinthemaking subreddit, which I am reposting below (with OP's permission, of course):

Quote:
Hello Reddit. First time poster so I'm not sure if this will even get noticed. But I'm looking for your help.
Story: Some years back, I got a sound clip of my grandma singing a song her and her sister wrote for the soldiers during WWII. I was super lucky to have even gotten the recording. Fast forward some years and my grandma ages and the demon that is dementia takes this and any other memories away from her and from us. Well, earlier this year my grandma died and I came across this recording again.
I would LOVE to create this into an actual song that I could give to my family and my mom (her daughter). Something combining both someone singing it with some instruments added in and the actual (hopefully cleaned up) sound clips. I have so many ideas in my head but I have zero musically inclined bones in my body. I'm picturing leading in with the "can I start now" then the remade version of the song is sung, going into a musical bridge or something where my grandma's version is played up til 'that is why we're going there' then like an overlap singing of the chorus from "we don't care" or from "so grab your" (one person starts and another starts a line or two later) and then it fades out with her last line from "so grab your". Ok I've way over-explained frown I'm up for what people who know what they're doing's ideas!! I'm just hoping for something!
If anyone knows how or knows someone that knows how to write and produce a song - I would love to hire someone if it's not too much. My family is doing a late Christmas this year (in January) and it would be an amazing gift to them!
The clip can be found here:
Sincerely Meg

Now, as an amateur bassist and guitarist, I use BIAB mostly for playing along with various chord progressions and to boost my musical lexicon with the excellent notated real tracks. The subreddit where this was posted is a place where musicians can collaborate on building songs together. You can choose your flair based on what you can contribute (e.g. guitar, bass, piano, vocals, production, etc.).

The fragment OP posted sounds as though it would make a great Dixieland, Big Band Swing/Crooner, New Orleans circa 1920s track, and I know BIAB could handle this like a champ.
Furthermore, my sister-in-law sings professionally, and is particularly talented in the style I have in mind. I don't know for sure whether she has the time and resources to devote to it but I have a backup plan just in case.
The problem is that as I am better versed in the chord progressions and theory of progressive rock/metal, blues, and funk. What's more, I am woefully ignorant in the vast capabilities of this wonderful program, and, while I know enough to know that the steps outlined below are possibly doable (from watching hundreds of YouTube videos on BIAB without understanding 95 percent of it), I have never once done anything remotely like it.

So here's what I was thinking, and I would really love to hear if your opinions and whether someone would be willing to assist in the process.

1. Transcribe the vocal fragment here into Midi lines.

2. Infer and notate the chord progression implied by the vocals (maybe tastefully inserting some jazzy passing aug, diminished, voice leading chords etc. as well)

3. Remember OP mentioned incorporating her grandma's vocals into a second go-round of the song? I think that's so sweet, and would be a great tribute to her memory. In order to get this done properly, it would probably take someone at least moderately skilled in cleaning up the hiss and ambient sound, slicing them into individual fragments, and using plugins, Elastique 3 for example, to clean up, tempo map, and pitch correct the vocals. I'm also thinking that using TC Helicon to generate 3 part harmonies would be an added treat. (this would be required at a much later stage than 1 and 2, of course).

Please help make a random internet stranger's dream come true by preserving the memory of her beloved Nana and creating a musical tribute for the family she left behind!

Here is the clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HToQLp9rwVk

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I would be thrilled to hear back from you folks!

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB