Hi all... hoping I’m putting this in the right place and also hoping someone can help me out and put an end to my frustration!

I have a new interface - Steinberg UR22 mk ll - that I'm trying to wire up. But it seems that I've got a problem.

I have a wire coming from my MIDI keyboard controller's OUT that goes to MIDI IN on my interface. The interface's MIDI OUT goes to my Ketron SD2 sound module's IN

This may look good on paper but there is a problem. The MIDI signals are going into the interface and then into and the Ketron SD 2. The signal is also going to the DAW (Sonar) I know this because the little blue light on the Ketron blinks when I play a note and the meters in the DAW are moving as they should when I play a note. But there is no sound coming out from the interface into the speakers. (yes... the speakers are on) smile

I've reinstalled the Steinberg drivers and still nothing. I have tried it with other DAWs – BIAB and Cubase - and have the same problem there as well.

Also, when I plug my earphones into the interface there is no sound. But when I plug the earphones into the Ketron I have sound.

I know that this is probably some stupid easy little setting that has to be changed somewhere but I've run out of ideas and of places to look. I’m a real newb with this interface and am not very tech savvy in general.

Like I said... the MIDI notes are going everywhere they’re supposed to go... Except there's just no sound coming out.

It would be really good if maybe some kind soul out there could help me out? It would be so much appreciated.

Hope I've put in enough info - if not I'll get whatever else that would be needed.

Thanks in advance,

Bobby

• I'm running Windows 10 PRO
• Roland PC-200 MIDI controller. It only has one MIDI port - “MIDI OUT”
• Steinberg UR22 mkll that has 3 MIDI ports – IN,OUT and Thru
• Ketron SD2 Sound module that has 2 MIDI ports – IN and Thru
• BIAB
• Real Band
• Sonar Platinum
• Cubase