Folks, thanks for the good advice. I am working on a project now and struggling with the mix. I believe I have some very good tracks but putting them together is kicking my butt.

I think the real problem is that this project is primarily a vocal performance, and my vocals always need a LOT of help with fX's. But at the same time I am also trying to feature the strings, 2 pianos, bass, guitar (rhythm and solo) and drums in the backing.

Combine that with the fact that my hearing is pretty poor (that is another conversation).

This is a cover tune so I don't want to post the project in the forum but I would like to share what I got - a bit on the down low. If someone would be kind enough to provide a critical critique I would sure appreciate it. Let me know if you can help and I will send you a link via PM.

Noel, I am following you suggestion now with the Reverb Buss in Reaper. Just viewed a video on the topic. I think I can do that...

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper