Hi guys thanks for jumping in.

To Noel:
The midi styles were not from the interenet. They are the ones that come with BIAB.

After your reminder about the ZZ, I tried one I use to use almost exclusively which has the name ZZJAZZ.STY and it does the same thing (only the drums real track can be heard). I saved this file after I changed to style ZZJAZZ.STY and once again it still saves it as .MGU where as it use to save it as MG1 if I remember correctly (for sure it had a number at the end).

I tried closing down BIAB and restarting BIAB by double clicking on the file which has the ZZJAZZ.STY style to see if it would try and regenerate. Yes BIAB does do a regenerate so it seems to think it is a real time style when it is in fact a midi style. So this seems to be the problem. Switching to a midi style does not tell BIAB it is a midi style attached to the file. So essentially because it is trying to run a real tracks style it can not play any of the midi tracks. Having said that I tried creating a brand new BIAB file while BIAB was running and I set it to a midi style and once again it could not play the midi tracks (not sound on them).

To MarioD:
I tried clicking preferences, RealTrack Settings, and unchecking the top left checkbox called "Enable RealTracks" and this did not fix the problem.

I tried clicking preferences, RealDrum Settings, and unchecking the top left checkbox called "Enable RealDrums" and this took out the real drums so I hear nothing. The program is still trying to generate realtracks.

I reset these checkboxes so I don't screw myself up in the future.

To Dan:
I am not getting any midi sounds. Only the real drums is playing. There are no real tracks in this style so that would explain why read tracks are not being heard. I would say that your idea is correct except for the fact that BIAB is still trying to regenerate and as far as I can remember it never did a regenerate process when I was running the above mentioned midi style in the past (I did that for maybe 4 years before I set up the jam group).

So just in case, how would I check to see if the sound synth is connected? There have been no changes to this machine as far as I know.

My Final Comment:
It could be that no one ever goes back to Midi style except me and therefore this is the first time this bug has surfaced. Maybe I should report this to PG support. I could tell them it is still trying to do a real tracks style regenerate and does not realize I have selected a midi style.

Last edited by bowlesj; 11/12/17 05:41 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles