Originally Posted By: MarioD
Along with having two fully load with programs for a gig computers I would also have an Uninterrupted Power Supply, at least around here. That is if I was still gigging.

Hey, Mario---I found out the hard way that even an inexpensive UPS is better that an expensive surge protector/power conditioner. I burned out two RP1000s on the same outlet on different gigs in a club but the mains and the backlines on UPSs were unaffected. The RPs didn't fry at those gigs but they both died within an hour at the very next gigs. $260 in repairs/shipping (DigiTech factory repaired one and completely replaced the other). UPS units are so light-weight and inexpensive now, they should be considered.

Regarding the OP: My experience tells me there's a lot more undocumented drama than has been presented. Seriously---we've all dealt with equipment failures---on and off stage, remedied or not by redundancy or spares. Sometimes it goes easy, sometimes it goes hard. However, I submit that an accomplished pro with a following and a track record could have a complete equipment failure and more likely than not be rebooked. Did something else happen that crossed a non-musical line? It's a shame, because you don't often see guaranteed restaurant gigs that pay $$$$$$$$$$ for years, especially the non-volatile kind that go to the unprepared.

Or, more simply stated: "Fortune favors the prepared."

Ya know what? I'm sorry---we ALL know this. I think I just trolled myself!

My bad.

Paj
8^}