Quote:
If I start out with a blank style and then select realtracks for the different patches, I indeed get new sounds. However I can't save that as my own real style. And if I open up the StyleMaker, and save the current style under a new name, when I select that style it shows up with no instruments in the various tracks.

RealStyles are very different from MIDI styles and are processed by a completely different engine. You don't get to "tell" the RealTracks how to play like you do the MIDI tracks in a MIDI style.

You have several options to create a new RealStyle based on existing RealTracks. As has been said, start with a blank style (or actually start with any style; doesn't really matter. Then substitute the RealTracks you want, and then select "Save Current Song (except muted instrument) as a Style"

Or you can open StyleMaker and for a particular track, you can click on the Miscellaneous Style Settings, then click the More button, which will let you assign a RealTrack to that track.

When you do that, however, you don't get all the settings that you do with MIDI - such as, play only under these circumstances, or push a certain number of ticks, or set weights on different patterns, etc. No, you just get that RealTrack that gets played as the RT engine determines.

Maybe not the answer you want, but it's the way it works.

And yes, the EverythingPak isn't everything. It does not include every product PGMusic sells. For example, in additional the the XTRA styles, you still have to purchase jbridge separately if you want to use 64-bit plugins, you also don't get the Coyote Forte softsynth, and you don't get all the libraries.

I do agree that a better term should be used; just like I think the ProPak should be renamed, as that has caused much confusion over the years. You think you are getting the Professional version, but it's really just the basic program with a few styles thrown in to give you a flavor of what BIAB/RealBand can do.

But also as has been pointed out, if you go to the Native Instruments site, their "Komplete" series isn't "complete"; in fact, there are two levels of "Komplete" and even the "Komplete Ultimate" (while it really has A LOT) doesn't have everything.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com