Originally Posted By: jford
Quote:
If I start out with a blank style and then select realtracks for the different patches, I indeed get new sounds. However I can't save that as my own real style. And if I open up the StyleMaker, and save the current style under a new name, when I select that style it shows up with no instruments in the various tracks.

RealStyles are very different from MIDI styles and are processed by a completely different engine. You don't get to "tell" the RealTracks how to play like you do the MIDI tracks in a MIDI style.

You have several options to create a new RealStyle based on existing RealTracks. As has been said, start with a blank style (or actually start with any style; doesn't really matter. Then substitute the RealTracks you want, and then select "Save Current Song (except muted instrument) as a Style"

Or you can open StyleMaker and for a particular track, you can click on the Miscellaneous Style Settings, then click the More button, which will let you assign a RealTrack to that track.

When you do that, however, you don't get all the settings that you do with MIDI - such as, play only under these circumstances, or push a certain number of ticks, or set weights on different patterns, etc. No, you just get that RealTrack that gets played as the RT engine determines.

Maybe not the answer you want, but it's the way it works.[snip]

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. It has clarified a lot for me and I appreciate that you took the time to explain it that well. Thanks!