Everything in this song file was written in BiaB 2017. I saved that file as a regular *.mgu and brought it over to RB. None of the synth settings were remembered, so I had to reconfigure them. I'd have to do that anyway I guess, since the tracks have to be converted from BiaB tracks to RB tracks, and then I have to assign each synth to a channel. So I did all that in RB, had it all set up and balanced where it was sounding just right. Then decided I'd give it a go and lay down a recording of it. First I saved it as a .SEQ file, though.

I know I can save a file as a WAV file, but I can't do that with this particular song because of a VSTi I'm using. It always resets to an instrument I can't use at the beginning of the song, so I have to manually reset it to the patch I want. I do this while the metronome is clicking down before the recording actually begins.

So because of this I'm hitting the Record button. It is configured to record all audio and midi tracks. I have one audio track -- Realdrums -- and the rest are MIDI tracks being played by the above mentioned VSTi plus the Coyote DXi. Everything sounds fine in my headphones, and at the end of the recording it asks me if I want to keep it (yes) and then if it's okay to lay down the recording on Track 10 (fine by me). A pair of tan stripes appear on Track 10, but there's nothing inside of them.

It's worth mentioning I guess that it took two attempts to get this far. The first time I did it, I answered the same questions, but nothing got laid down on Track 10 -- not even the tan stripes. So I tried again and at least got the stripes but that was it.

Anything obvious I might be doing wrong? Maybe third time's a charm?

Nope. Just tried it a third time and nothing.

Last edited by cooltouch; 11/20/17 01:44 PM.