Honestly, I didn't bother to check and see what it was I was listening to, but I've gotten bitten by the recording out vs. monitor out before with other software, so I know what you're getting at.

I just went to Control Panel/Sound/Recording tab and had a look. I know what it's defaulting to and that's the one I always use. But yeah, there's also a monitor selection, which I don't use.

When I'm setting up audio software to be used for the first time with a sound card, the very first thing I do is make sure the audio drivers are showing up in the software where they're supposed to, cuz if they aren't -- well, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

My audio is handled by an old but very excellent M-Audio Delta 66 24/96 sound card with OMNI I/O box. I always have the Delta's channels 1 and 2 selected for the ins and outs. I'm using the ASIO drivers as well. Earlier, I saved a song file to a WAV file in RB and that worked great. It's just when I've been using the Red Record button that I'm not getting anything. And, yes, I did indicate with the Red button's little drop-down that I wanted to record both MIDI and audio.

It's probably something really lame that I'm forgetting to do, but whatever it is, it's preventing my system from recording using the red button. I need to get to the bottom of this though because I plan to make fairly heavy use of RB as recording software.