There will come a day when all the others have stopped supporting or producing and only Pro Tools will be left standing. What then?

Once Steve helped me get my Focusrite to play nice with Pro Tools, it is glorious. It is simple to use and is the industry standard. The automation tunnels, the sub grouping... it's great. My timing was exquisite though, buying it just as I was pretty much saying goodbye to music. I just don't get why you all hate it so much. Because to hobbyists it is relatively expensive? By that logic, you should also play a guitar that came from Toys'R'Us because it is cheap.

I wonder how many people who hate Pro Tools have never tried it beyond one short test song, possibly never tried it, or because it was too expensive to buy and then if you hate it you are out $600? Every kid who loves Brussels Sprouts now had to be convinced to try that first sprout... It's only money, and nobody here seems to be all that destitute, not when I read posts about $4500 keyboard purchases.

I mean, I don't care what anybody else does, but you guys cling to this software like a bear protecting her cubs. I remember the onslaught I got a few years back from one guy telling my why I just HAD to try Reaper and I would love it. Why? Because YOU like it? I see this in every field. What people are comfortable with suddenly becomes THE BEST. All I am saying is that the studio industry standard is Pro Tools, I bought a copy, I took a class to demystify it, and now I like it, though I rarely use it (or anything else) anymore. None of them are Real Band, which writes and plays music for me.

Last edited by eddie1261; 11/21/17 11:09 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.