Originally Posted By: cooltouch
I know I can save a file as a WAV file, but I can't do that with this particular song because of a VSTi I'm using. It always resets to an instrument I can't use at the beginning of the song, so I have to manually reset it to the patch I want. I do this while the metronome is clicking down before the recording actually begins.

I'd say you should deal with this issue first, and then you don't have to worry about figuring out how to record your stereo mix (which is tricky in modern versions of Windows).

It sounds like there's a patch change embedded in that track, and it'll be easy to get rid of it. Select the track, click on Window - New - Event List, and you'll see every MIDI event the track contains. Patch changes will be labelled "Program". If you delete whatever Program event is there, the patch changes you assign to the track should then stick.

You should then be able to render your song to WAV normally.

The "Record Audio" command is more for recording a microphone or instrument through the audio inputs on your audio interface, it's not supposed to record the tracks that are already in RealBand. That would be done with Edit - Track - Merge, but you'll still need to take care of that Program change I mentioned earlier.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music