Hi beatmaster. I’m not disputing your good results but I would argue it’s not because you are playing .WAV files in another DAW. Any DAW playing .WAV files should sound exactly the same. In fact, if they don’t sound the same, something is very wrong.

So, since it sounds better to you in Mixcraft, there is another reason. It could be a difference in the default panning law, since SONAR has several choices. More likely you have some form of processing plugin set on in Mixcraft. Take a look for that. Or, on the flip side, maybe you had some plugin in SONAR that wasn’t helping.

Mixcraft is one of the few DAWs I haven’t used, so I’m glad you like it. Everyone has to choose a DAW based on features and user interface/workflow method. But not based on sound. Does that help?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors