Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I haven't uses ACW in a very long time but I seem to recall that you have to set the starting measure in it for it to line up.

another option is use a DAW that lets you click and drag the track on the time line so that you can get it to line up properly.

Yes, you're right Herb. Setting Bar 1 syncs the audio with the tempo map and thus, Biab styles.

That fact causes me to not understand the other option of using a DAW to how it applies to the ACW because I believe you would have to know or calculate the tempo of the song in advance in a DAW to set the proper alignment of the bars. That would have no impact on importing the audio into Biab. The ACW creates a chord chart and a tempo map and imports that along with the audio into Biab.

NOTE: I am referring to the previous existing ACW and not expressly the new integrated version. I've not familiarized or experimented with the new version yet.

Wendy's issue as I understand it is the same as I've encountered, where when the song has been analyzed by the ACW regarding the tempo map and chord chart does not properly sync with Bar 1 of the Biab chord chart. All that needs to be done is to manually align the imported audio to the Biab styles. That is what I've detailed in my previous post. I've over-explained it above for the sake of clarity, it's easier than it looks from my explanation.

In simple terms, open the audio editor, click where you want bar 1 to be and make your choice permanent. Various builds have this where the import is correctly aligned but some builds and updates, it has to be done manually until a future update fixes it.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.