Originally Posted By: WendyM
Noel,thanks for the reply.The vid is very useful too.
I still have a problem tho.I know I have the chords right cos hubby has played them through and says theyre OK and when I play just the SGU all seems OK too.Its a song in C and keychange at the end to Ab.So I go to ACW and load up the songs mp3, set Bar1 and then Play, using F8 to set the Barlines to keep it all in line.I did this every two bars.When Id done I asked it to "Send to BIAB".I got a box saying that the key was "Eb"-WHAT?-and to set a tempo map for "midi to line up with the mp3"-WHAT Midi?, the SGU is all RTs-and pressed "close" cos there's no other boxto use to send it on - and EVERYTHING DISAPPEARED!All the chords on my chordchart just vanished!Luckily Id given this one a difefrent name so I still have my chords.
What on earth did I do wrong please.
Wendy

Wendy, I just read through this post thoroughly and have two comments. I have found it not to be unusual for a download, and especially a compressed download, to be out of tune on occasion. Regardless where an MP3 comes from, it may be poor quality. For instance, I d/l songs from YouTube, which may result in a file that was uploaded compressed, compressed again by YouTube, and I may save my D/L as an MP3. Obviously, my save D/L of a compressed/compressed/compressed audio file will be of poor quality.

I've also found that the ACW is usually correct with the actual key and therefore I use the Key determined by the ACW so that the style selected in Biab will correctly match the 'transposed by compression' key signature. If I'm not using the downloaded MP3 for anything other than creating a chord chart and tempo map, after importing the song into Biab, I kill the audio. Then I open up Audio/Audio Chord Wizard Utilities and erase the tempo map and set the Biab song tempo to a standard tempo - ie: ACW has average tempo 73 - I will set tempo at 70 or 75, whichever sounds the best. Sometimes, 73 will sound the best so I will set at the actual determined tempo.

Second. By not saving the tempo map, no tempo map was imported and the Biab song tempo was set at the average tempo rather than the actual MP3 song tempo and as you learned, not choosing a key change or tempo, everything was discarded. When the tempo map is imported into the Biab chord sheet and works with MIDI or RealTracks, imported audio, Performance Tracks and Super MIDI.

Hopes this helps.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.