Originally Posted By: WendyM
Im in 2017. No t bought 2018 yet as it looks very buggy and Im not smart enough to go fix what should already have been fixed before I bought it.End of Rant!Sorry!
Yes,setting Bar1 DOES sync the Audio with the SGU but as Noel points out sometimes stuff wanders off as it doesnt keep to a set tempo and by the time I get 20 bars in on this tune Im out about halfa bar or more.So I did the F8 thing and tapped every darned bar right through the 3 minute piece to make sure that the SGU kept up with the mp3 as it wandered about in speed.
Then I said "send to BIAB" and first of all it said that my key looked like being in Eb but its in C going up to Ab at the end and I cant see how to change that(if it matters)and I clicked the tempo map box. From there on-NOTHING happened.There doesnt seem to be a "send" button-unless its then supposed to be automatic. So I clicked the "Close" button. I would have expected,ifI had got it wrong, to be returnd to my chordsheet with a "must try harder" note lol or something BUT instead I got a BLANK chordsheet with every Bar underlined in Red, presumably a Tempo Map. BUT what happened to all the chords? Its driving me potty!
Wendy

I see you posted while I was composing my last comment in a start/stop fashion rather than completing my comments at once.

So, in 2017 version, the auto sync does work and Bar 1 should set correctly. That also makes Noel's advice correct. The manner you exited the ACW discarded the calculated Tempo Map and allowed the drifting. The set tempo is an average calculation over the whole song and may not be the correct tempo the song begins at.... Also, as Noel pointed out, songs drift faster and slower by a few bpm's throughout the song.

I found for me, it's easier to accept the ACW results and change them in Biab after import if necessary. I do this regardless if I'm working with quality WAV audio that will be used in a project or poor quality MP3 D/L's that will be discarded.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.