Originally Posted By: casak
BIAB 2017
I saved a backing track with bass and drum.
Now (I do not know if it can be done) I would like to add 3 more audio tracks 1) singer 2) piano 3) trumpet recorded separately listening on the headphones the tracks already recorded.
A multitrack recording.

I would already be happy to record not the 3 tracks simultaneously but to record singer, piano and trumpet separately: the important thing is to be able to send each audio track on a different channel.

It this possible?

Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
BIAB has one audio track.

Matt is correct and he's telling you the preferred and best method. But, while BIAB has only one audio track, it can be used multiple times. If for some reason you wanted specifically to complete your recording from within the BIAB program, you can.... Multi track audio recording is possible using only BIAB! You are not even limited to the 7 tracks that are not audio tracks...
15 or more tracks are easily captured.

casak, in your specific example, for conversation, let's assume you have some musician friends over and it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to record all of you together. We'll assume in this conversation you know nothing about using RealBand, or you use a Mac and don't have RB. Let's assume you have no access to any other DAW. BIAB is all that is available and you want to record the setup you describe above in your question. As long as you have the ability to get the audio into Biab, it is possible. For instance, you are using BIAB RealTracks for Bass and Drums and you have a mic into your audio interface and Biab is configured to access the interface. You are good to go. You have used two tracks and still have the audio track and piano, guitar, strings, melody and soloist tracks available for recording. All of these tracks can accept audio.

The process is simple.

Record your first instrument or vocal onto the audio track.

From the audio menu, make the audio track a Performance track and move it to an available track.

Record your second and third audio tracks repeating the above process.

--------

Once you are finished recording, your mixer tracks would look similar to the following:

(Bass Track) RT Bass
(Piano Track) Performance track Piano
(Drums Track) RT Drums
(Guitar Track) Performance track Trumpet
(Strings Track ) Performance track Singer
Melody
Soloist
Audio

---------

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 12/01/17 01:33 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.