Originally Posted By: jford
While Charlie's method works, the best bet for recording multiple tracks is to use a multi-track recording app (such as Realband).

Quote from my post: "Matt is correct and he's telling you the preferred and best method."

I certainly don't disagree with you John. I was answering the question asked in the original post that indicated to me, was asking if it were possible to make a multitrack recording in BIAB. It is.

I speculate that most users are the same as casak and Matt and don't consider that Biab is even capable of multitrack recording. Other options are readily available and no consideration is given to Biab because it's unnecessary when there are so many DAWs and multitracks out there.

Biab is a more than capable multitrack recorder but it is not a DAW. All DAWs are multitrack recorders but not all multitrack recorders are DAWs. Or, at least, not fully featured DAWs.

The best way to evaluate Biab as a multitrack recorder is to compare it with other basic multitrack recorders such as the Tascam DP-006, DP-008, Zoom H4n, H2n type units rather than a comparison with a DAW.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 12/01/17 08:23 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.