Remember, a lot of the files are still the same from previous versions, or even if updated, they have the same file name. So even if 2018 is larger than your older version, much of the content is the same and as such, won't take additional space. The install routines just copy files over from the BB folder on the external USB to wherever you specified in the setup routine. If the file already exists (it will just overwrite it with the newer file), and then add any new files, but not delete any older files that may not be present on the new version, so you don't lose anything.

I don't think the 202 new RT's is anywhere close to 30GB of data, so you should be fine if you want to install over the old version.

That being said, you can easily purchase 1 or 2TB drives for under $100. I keep my PGMusic provide USB's as backups (and probably going way too far back, but I'm nostalgic that way), and always install to a different medium (whether the internal hard drive or a separate external USB drive).

But to each his own.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com