Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Despite what you may think I have a very good understanding of the mastering process, and how limiters, compressors, and EQ work. I've had a home studio for almost 20 years and back in the day those were the tools you needed to master a track.

Hey, if you want to use an old school mastering chain more power to you! For me I prefer tools such as Ozone, and possibly this one, I'm still evaluating it, that get me close to a finished product with a minimum amount of work.

A listen to your posted productions will quickly verify that you do, indeed, have “a very good understanding of the mastering process.”

IMO there are no absolutes in the arcane world of mastering - one either “likes” the result or not. I think the movement toward more and more sophisticated software (and accompanying sophisticated presets) is simply reflective of burgeoning AI technology. I particularly like the Ozone presets for which I can listen to multiple permutations and choose one to my liking - with occasional light tweaking. If I’m the project producer and I like the result all is good in my book. Heck, “old school” mastering has plenty of presets - written in notebooks! My first studio experience was in 1966. I’m all about the changes that have occurred since then. From what I’ve read we are on the cusp of a tech explosion regarding mixing and mastering. I’m in smile