Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
I envy those of you like Herb and Bud that have the background experience or knowledge to HAVE trained ears and mixing skills. Many, do not. I confess I am one of the unskilled.

Of course Herb is correct. Bud's correct too. In the beginning a user may need to depend on presets 100% to create audio that can be listened to without cringing. There is a reason Toontrack can sell EZ Mix bundles and everyone loves Ozone. The truth is not everyone has the skills to create a listenable mix or the knowledge to put together a proper signal chain.

Ideally people will use these as educational tools and learn while also helping them to be able to create audio they can be proud of while they are learning.

Jim, i understand and appreciate your perspective. I’m suggesting that the time is coming or is perhaps here that it will simply not be necessary to learn those skills yet still create a great master. There will always be luddites and/or folks who simply want to master/mix sans latest technology. I make no value judgement on that other than I suspect they will become a dwindling number.

Bud