Steve
I suspect I was once like you. grin

I have been the computer geek in the family since the early days of the PC. I too liked to do this putzin. If I bought something new and it worked out of the box, I was disappointed that I didn't have to spend hours tweaking and fixing. But that was then and this is now. All that time spent and nothing to show for it. It is just "time consuming". crazy

Having said that, I sit here on my new Dell XPS i7 which will soon be my new Music DAW replacing my similar model which is ~10 years old. For the past week I have been going back on forth with Dell with a video problem - installed new drivers and two new bios updates - no joy. Finally last night I got them to agree that they will send a replacement. I just didn't want to troubleshoot a brand new $1000 machine. But then this morning my geek side took over and I swapped out the HDMI cable and I think it is fixed! This HDMI cable worked fine on other devices but apparently didn't like the dell video card.

So this morning I fixed the video in my new dell and the audio in my old dell. So why do I feel like it was all a waste of my time? crazy

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper