Hi there, total noob here. I very recently posted concerning a problem I was having using style maker and building styles from scratch. If you know a lot about that and would like to help you can see that post here: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=444100&#Post444100

Otherwise I just wanted to see if BIAB would make sense as a tool for some musical goals I'm trying to accomplish.

One thing I love is how you give BIAB a number of 1 measure phrases and then it sort of randomizes them. This is especially useful for percussion. I have some different drum machines, groove boxes, and an electronic drum kit. Would it be feasible to create or edit a style where I record a whole ton of phrases myself via midi from these different devices? Would it capture the sounds or just the midi information? Or is BIAB the wrong tool for this kind of job?

If it is possible for me to build a song this way, would it be easy to then experiment swapping out different midi instruments while the track is playing to find the sounds that I like the best?

Sorry if either of these questions are too basic, I have been reading the tutorials and watching videos, I'm trying to figure out if my goals are even possible before I spend all this time trying to figure it out.

Thanks!