I recently went through a similar odyssey, actually, still going through it. I settled on NCH Video Pad, installedc the trial and then bought it.
On the way, I made a mistake of buying one product, based strictly on name, and lived to regret it. It wouldn't install and they kept my money., after dancing around the moon.
The NCH results have been good, but there is a learning curve, as any visit to the online tutorials soon reveals. The good news is that results show promise -- just a little different way of working. NCH has picked up on some of the old Final Cut features, which is good to know. Still, I won't buy any video editor that does not offer free trial, if there are any of them.
I am waiting on the coders of Reaper. If you are familiar with SONY Acid and Movie Studio, you'll recognize many similarities in Reaper. I don't know why people did not embrace SONY audio and video. They were great products, but never seemed to catch on. Anyway, Reaper is making noises about a video editor in the works. If and when I'm there.
I will add, don't overlook the free Movie that comes with Windows. It is quite capable, esp for You Tubers.

Last edited by edshaw; 12/12/17 12:42 PM.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --