I have been using Sonar for years. I still have Platinum and many add ons that I will use as long as I can. As far as Gibson owning Cakewalk I found almost as soon as they took over good stuff coming from Cakewalk all but disappeared so I won't miss that.

In the past few weeks I have played around in BIAB a lot more than in the past even though I have been using it for several years. I found a number of the synths and things work nicely in BIAB. I can use TH2, Dimension Pro, Adictive Keys and Drums and in truth that is most of what I used anyhow. I would and do generate the rough in BAIB and mix and apply the synths in Sonar.

Since buying the UltraPak in 2016 I tend to use RealTracks and hardly use Sonar for anything other than the mix and setting the final levels. I find the concrete limiter helps keep things at a more constant level. I merge all tracks into a wav and put that onto a laptop for my backing. I have a template set up in Sonar so a lot is already laid out.

On stage I simply plug into a Roland Tri Capture, use TH2 all preset play the Wav using MediaPlayer and everything is set. All I need to do is flip though the songs.

I don't know ill miss Sonar when it dies as I have other ways to do stuff.

Well that's my two bobs worth

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1