Hi There folks,

Greetings,

I would appreciate some feed back and advice here. I am considering whether to buy a hard disk recorder (either The Korg D888 or The Zoom HD16CD both of which are 16 track recorders and cost $699 each) or whether I should purchase another PC. My Budget is just about $800, My home set up includes a Yamaha Motif Es 7, a lexicon Omega interface, Cakewalk Sonar 4 (studio edition) running on a Compaq Presario Pc (Windows XP Pro, 1.8 Ghz Athlon processor, 1 gig of Ram, and hard drive space capacity of 37 giggs). I bought this Pc at Walmart back in 2003.. My question is, should I just buy me an external hard drive (250 Giggs) to hook up to my Pc and then purchase one of the above hard disk recorders to integrate into my system or should I buy me a new computer like a Dell or..umm I dunno? By the way, the zoom HD16CD really caught my eye with all those features and a whopping 80 Gigg internal hard drive plus a CD burner onboard, control surface capabilities http://www.zzounds.com/item--ZOMHD16CD. Again, just my thoughts huh !!!

I know that scenarios differ; however, I would appreciate some feed back here from y’all on some advice etc as to what decision to make here.

ReeeeesPEKK !!!!

Jacobins